Wednesday 20 March 2013

“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi



A lot more is to be done to seek what lies within us, at least this is what I believe and for me Sufism is the way out. Beginning off with the proper introduction my name is Syed Morrawat Ali and I am a proud Lahori since I came into existence. I’m some how very much obsessed to the music I hear; I prefer to listen trance and Sufism in general as these two genres narrate myself. I’m impressed by the work done by various sufis, Jalal-ud-Din Muhammad Rumi, Shah Shamas Tabraiz, and Bulleh Shah in particular. I love the way their kalams are used to by Abida Parveen and Ravi Shankar to make me realize what actually I am, as for me their music works as a eye opener and this is why their work inspires me. Coming on towards Trance, I must say I have a bit of party side in me which signifies my love for this genre. Armin van Buuren, Schiller, Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, Antillas, Dead mau5 and Mord Fustang are the party rockers for me.

I have done my A-levels from Lahore Grammar School and for now I am aiming towards completing my bachelors in marketing from Lahore School. Once I'm done with my bachelors, I hope to work towards reconciliation of myself and look onto if I can be of any help for my country as this is what in the end which matters the most.
Apart from music, I am also into sports horse riding and football is on the top priority list. I also have horses tamed at my farm, for now I have a American breed horse; Cleveland. I am also into football and after coming to Lahore School of Economics this interest gradually developed into a passion and I am looking forward to taking it more seriously. Moreover, how can I forget to mention Manchester United is the team for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment