Wednesday 20 March 2013

Anum Aftab



Lend Me Your Ear…

As I begin to pen down about myself it seems like a tricky task. It makes me nostalgic and takes me back to the times when writing about one’s own self meant only five lines. Those were the days of innocence but today it’s a different story. I have started to realize what I am and I flabbergast myself. It’s amazing how time and experiences mould us overtime and creates a whole new being out of us.
Being the oldest child in the family I have always earned love and care from everyone around but this didn’t turn me into a spoiled little monster. My parents have raised me wonderfully and I owe them a lot. They have inculcated into me the basic ethics and morals which is a grand gift. This has made me into a person who is patient enough to deal with all sort of trouble without cracking under pressure. I love to make others happy and it just makes me contended. I love to dedicate my time and energy to social causes. I have been working with SOS village since I was eight years old, it satisfies me to help the community and bring the difference to the society even if it’s slight. I love to help others around me without the hope of any reward because I believe in karma. I have joined my grandfather’s NPO which deals in helping the underprivileged people of Pakistan. It’s a small step but I believe that every little effort eventually leads to something immense.
I enjoy cooking and experimenting with food. I often cook whenever I am low. It just boosts my mood. I plan to open up a customized cake shop after my bachelors.
I love to jot down my thoughts and my acquaintances say that I have great writing skills. I aspire and I dream for I believe that all dreams can come true sooner or later. I am very creative and imaginative. Its my aim to write books for children. I love to read novels and its been my hobby since I was five. I am very trustworthy and I often become the agony aunt. I enjoy singing and I often sing when I am with my friends or sisters. I am learning violin these days as I have longed to learn this instrument. It is something that soothes my nerves and gives me individuality. I just want to see how far I can go therefore I grab every decent opportunity that comes my way. I have recently been selected by AIESEC and I plan to go to Singapore for a global development program. It’s my wish to do something for under privileged children as it pains me to see them desperate for basic necessities.
I am shy and reserved at first but when people get to know me, I am a very comfortable person to get along with. I adore my family and my friends and can do anything to bring a spark to their life.

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. 

Live the life you have imagined.”

Henry David Thoreau

5 comments: