Wednesday 20 March 2013

From Lanterns to Lights by Muhammad Umer

A Creative Writer, A Thought Provoking Poet, A Professional Blogger, An Energetic Sportsman, An Emerging Entrepreneur and above all A PATRIOT

Born to a middle class family in a small town of Punjab i was raised in a cultural and moral stew of life. I inherited ethical values and religious norms as second nature from my forefathers. Studying in the best possible institution of a small town i dreamed of becoming a commercial pilot. Walking on the earth with my eyes scanning the skies for any plane flying over me i got to know that even the skies are not the limit. I always dreamed big and knew that i have to be the best in whatever i do. 

Translating brain waves to ink has always broaden my thinking horizon and somehow helped me in becoming a better person. Showing people the glimpses of my inner world has always given me a feeling of contentment. 

Rhyming the words to writing stanzas and bringing them together to make a poem has always given me an immense pleasure. This beautiful game of words has always fascinated me. Starting from some broken lines and refining them to beautiful stanzas has made me a perfectionist.




I have always wanted to channel my energy in something more purposeful and blogging provided me with the platform. New emerging technologies has always awestruck me and writing about them became my passion. I am writing technology related articles on various websites providing people with the most updated information about the latest gadgets. I am currently writing for itechbook.net.


I started of my clothing business on a very small scale and learned to survive in the most competitive environment. I always try put into practice all the things that i learn during my education at Lahore School Of Economics. My clothing company "Revolutions" is still in the initial phase but i believe that with constant hard work i would be able to put it against the biggest brands of the time. 


Sports has always been one of the things that gave me true happiness. I have been an active sportsman since my school days. I loved watching and playing cricket. I participated in the Intra-LSE Badminton tournament and I am also currently playing as a fast bowler in "LSE Bandits" which is a well reputed team in LSE.


It didn't took me long to realize in order to achieve my dreams in life i have to travel the distance from Lanterns to Lights.  This road may seem a little bumpy for now but the hardships of this journey is teaching me the perseverance, new lessons and telling me that it is all worth the ending. Every setting sun whispers in my ear that i am a day shorter to my destiny. The destiny i always dreamed for, the destiny i have been working so hard for. Every rising sun tells me  that the losses of yesterday were nothing but the lessons for future. So Gear up for the new challenges which will make you a better winner in your life.

2 comments:

  1. wish u best of luck ... the finest steel has to go through the hottest fire.... so stay put and u will rise ..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. marvelous....our nation needs energetic and motivated youngsters like you..Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts...best ov luck

    ReplyDelete