Thursday 21 March 2013

For some im "Junkie"




Hi All!!! I am Anns Amer, 21, and 5 11”. My friends sometimes call me a junkie!! Not because I’m a drunk (hold your thoughts!!) but apparently as I am always eating fast food! I have this desire to thank those who approved Mc Donalds 24 hour; college life without mc-fries wouldn’t have been so much fun!!
It is everything but an easy task for one to reflect on their own abilities, yet it’s the best thing at the end since we all love to talk about our-selves. I grew up in the textile hub of Pakistan in the small and integrated community of Faisalabad. Coming to Lahore at one of the famous and highly active communities such as that at LSE was a huge challenge to overcome which would not have been possible without my friends whom I’d say sum up to form my college education! I enjoy life and always try to simplify for what unfortunately reality has made a very complicated life for everyone is these hard political times. My friends say I am humble, honest and organized, though I lack time management. When I was young, I wanted to travel the world. It always fascinates me what lies behind the famous wall of China, or far north of Pakistan; the weather and life near the amazing valleys of Hunza and Swat. 
Manchester of Pakistan”, yes, that is what my hometown Faisalabad is called. Being from an Industrial family that has been associated with the field of Business for past 4 decades, I grew up in an environment that enhanced my interest in the Industrial Sector of Pakistan. Reading newspaper’s headlines stating variations in Interest rates, GDP, taxes and tariffs, I had naturally developed my interest for the economy of my country.
LC (letter of credit), wrap and weft, costing, finance, accounts, and hand printing of cloth are some of the “general” terms that elaborate my grooming. High School students are normally not familiar with all these complicated terms but I’ve been learning textile business since I was in grade 7!
My confidence of speaking in business meetings and dealing with local workers in their own language has made me mature among my peers. During the years of my school life, I have always been one of the active students. My interaction with teachers and students has always boosted my confidence. My father has always emphasized on shaping my personal character and thus, I’ve always tried to remain up to the expectations of my parents, teachers and peers.
Creativity in Arts adds color’s to life and thus to keep myself more diverse and up-to-date, I am always excited to work in dramas. I’ve worked with effective teams and have always enjoyed! During the past five years, I had participated in various school plays in different classes including plays based on ‘Romeo, Juliet’, ‘Heer Ranjha’, ‘Marriage bureau’, politics, and local tv programs.
Even outside the school, I have been active in social work. I’ve organized tours to the SOS village, participated actively in the fund raising activity for the recent flood victims and was also one of the main organizer for the play for “All Pakistan Women Association (APWA)”, for charity purposes. Our team had worked so hard for the fund raising and we were able to collect an amount of RS 1 million for the flood victims! I believe in education beyond the boundaries books and seek for firsthand opportunities in any field I work. I strongly believe that I must contribute to my Country to succeed in life
https://www.facebook.com/Anns.Amer?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment