Tuesday 19 March 2013

I am on the Highway to Hell



Hi. My name is Imran Rabbani. Music, is one of those fields that has always fasinated me. When I was in 10th grade I was shuffling through my friends IPod and I came across this song, “Highway To hell” by some band called ACDC. That song led me to this whole new musical genre of Heavy guitar riffs, blast beats and swift Bass line with synchronizing melodies I could relate too. Cliff Burton from Metallica and Roger Waters from Pink Floyd are my favorite guitarist and have always inspired me. By the end of my O levels I had learned all the basic scales and chords to play an acoustic guitar but what I was more interested was to find a band that had the same musical ideology as me. Eventually, after 365 days of hardships, unorganized jam sessions and a whole lot of practice I found myself in front of huge audiences on some of biggest platforms with my bass guitar and a provided Microphone I could sing into. Finally I found 4 other immensely talented artists who helped me through this journey as a band called Preaching hypocrites (Yes we know realize the name is quite lame but we were teenagers back then).  Back then many underground bands had shaped into life and we were one of them. Having the opportunity to play as an opening band for some of the great names we looked up too has been a great experience.  However one thing I learned after playing at all such events is the jam session and individual practice one needs to be a good musician not counting myself as one (and that no matter how faster or louder you may perform, If you’re not that guy with his acoustic guitar playing “Bachana” by Bilal khan you are not grabbing anyone’s attention).


Currently, I am in Lahore School of Economics in my 2nd year and even though all my band members have chosen different universities, I have still been actively participating with different bands in live sessions and recordings. Underground music scene in Pakistan has flourished over the years as many unique artists/bands have made it too the mainstream.It’s been ages since the last time I have been on stage with my bass guitar but there has been no better feeling then being on the stage in front of all those people. 




No comments:

Post a Comment