Tuesday 19 March 2013


What we play is life- Louis Armstrong


It is ironic that how different beats, sounds, vocals, guitar riffs blend and synchronize together to form something that transcends beyond borders called music. Music is so diverse in its attributes that apart from that it gets some heads rolling it also emotionally captivates the attention of the audience through different genres that make listeners to relate themselves to the specific type of music.
For me, when I think of music the genres that come to my mind are Heavy metal, Rock, Sufi and Pop that I mostly listen to. I chose marketing media as my degree for bachelors partially because I thought that it would help me market and make videos of my musical talents as well. Iam the drummer of my band Preaching Hypocrites which is basically a thrash metal band that covers musical maestros like Metallica, Slayer, System of a down, Noori etc.  The idea of Preaching Hypocrites came to us back in our days of O-levels from Beaconhouse when my band members shared the same music taste and we were in the same class. We used to attend most of the underground gigs that occurred in Lahore that one fine day the idea of us joining forces and forming a band was floated that eventually was formulated in October 2009 when we performed for the first time in the youth festival. We continue playing around the city of Lahore.
I chose drumming as my portfolio in my band because I have always found drumming very energetic and a very vigorous activity. Lars Ulrich, the drummer of Metallica has always been my idol. I took classes from a nearby institute for 2 months and entered the music market that so far has turned out to be a very fascinating and a worthwhile experience.
Along with the passion for drumming, Iam a sportsperson as well and in specific Iam an ardent follower of cricket. Back in my adolescent age I wanted to be a cricketer when I grow up and cricket was something that came as an innate quality to me, but later sanity prevailed and here I am studying in Lahore School of Economics making a herculean effort to pursue a secure future through my studies and later work for a multinational. 
Along with this I have also worked as an intern in Shaukat Khanum which was basically to interact with the cancer patients. This experience made me realize that how blessed i am as an individual and to go along with this I have also worked as a volunteer in the youth performing arts festival organized by the rafi peer theater workshop. In short the journey this far has been very overwhelming and a crusade. 




No comments:

Post a Comment