Saturday 30 March 2013

PLAY YOUR PART. By: Hiba Mazhar


It was a fine Sunday morning ruined by the visit of my father’s cousins from abroad. Before I knew they were going to pay a visit, I had planned to spend the day at home studying for my Marketing quiz. They wanted to visit the Shalimaar Gardens and as an order from my father, I had to be their tour guide. I had no idea what to do about my quiz’s preparation. Being an obedient daughter, I drove my guests to the historical garden.
Culture and Changing Trends

Stepping in the garden filled with beautiful old walls and trees, we were mesmerized by the view of more than 400 fountains rising from the canal and the basin which threw up water back into the marble reservoirs. It is one of the best preserved Mughal buildings standing as it was for the last 400 years. A line of fountains in a water channel stretching  a long way making the sounds of nature more soothing to the ears, we were in a very peaceful aura. The care-takers of the gardens told us that the fountains go through a full maintenance program before every Spring. We all went crazy over the place and started taking loads of pictures. The passion for photography at one end and the exploration of ancient beauties at the other, It really was beautiful.

Being a Pakistani citizen, just try and play your own individual part. Blaming one another is the easy way out. You are only answerable to your own deeds. These buildings need a lot of attention. The maintenance costs are increasing and the government revolutionaries refuse to allot the justified share to this side. A little contribution towards this cause can make wonders. I am doing my part by writing this article and informing you about a breathing view you might want to experience. Why? Because I want our next generation to be lucky enough to see it. ARE YOU PLAYING YOUR PART?


-Author: Hiba Mazhar.

10 comments:

  1. Felt great reading this! Indeed inspirational ! Great Job :) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a beautiful place.
    Photography, ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will surely visit this place when I come to Pakistan. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very well crafted... certainly motivates me to play my part..(y)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well written article.
    We surely need to play our part so that these landmarks are remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice article ....we as a citizen should play our part as u did ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This country has given us countless gifts at the time of our need,now our country needs us and we as citizens should play our role too
    Keep up the motivation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats so true! 'You must be the change you want to see in the world!'

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds beautiful and we really should play our part to keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very well written article, we should definitely play our part and rise above the blame game. And if we would not look after these buildings that represent our culture then so much for an individual identity.
    #PakistanZindabad!

    ReplyDelete